Public Administration Graduate Courses
Course offerings | To understand the frequency of course offerings and for an overview of which courses count for which program, you may consult the PA course offerings plan, but note that review of this plan is not a replacement for seeking advising before each semester to ensure proper course selection. Please note that projected course offerings are subject to change due to staffing, enrollment and administrative constraints of particular semesters.
Admissions | For entrance requirements see the Graduate Catalog (if admitted under the 2015-2017 Catalog; see also these updates/revisions to the 2015-2017 Catalog.
Planning coursework | To see sample plans for how to complete particular programs, view the relevant degree map; if you choose to take fewer or more courses per semester your time to completion will differ:
- Degree map - Public Policy certificate only
- Degree map - Healthcare Administration & Planning certificate only
- Degree map - Nonprofit Management certificate only
- Degree map - MPA only
- Degree map - MPA plus Public Policy certificate
- Degree map - MPA plus Healthcare certificate
- Degree map - MPA plus Nonprofit certificate
Sample past syllabi | Please do not buy books based on these sample syllabi from past semesters. The examples of past semester syllabi in the table on this page are provided to help give prospective students insight into the learning objectives and content covered in our public administration programs. Syllabi change each semester as courses evolve and improve. The syllabus distributed by your instructor is the official guiding document for your class and semester. To purchase books in advance, contact your instructor. If you are not sure who is teaching the course in a given semester, consult the online TSU course schedule. If you are still not sure contact the Public Administration department chair. Seek advising regarding course selection each semester
* Note: The MPA internship of 300 hours (six credits) may be exempted, given required documentation and advisor approval, for MPA students who have at least one year of appropriate professional public sector, healthcare or nonprofit experience. Otherwise the internship is required to receive the MPA.