STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
STEP 1: TESTING
Students must schedule appointments for Diagnostic Tests in the Gentry Center Complex. The Advisors will schedule the date, time, and location of the Diagnostic Tests.
STEP 2: ADVISEMENT
All students must report to the Gentry Center Complex for advisement and assistance with course entry.
STEP 3: COURSE ENTRY
Students register for classes via their MyTSU account. Instructions are in the box below.
To retrieve your username & T-Number, access mytsu.tnstate.edu and click on: “To retrieve Username & T-Number click Here” link.
Your initial myTSU password is your six digit birth date.
Course Entry via myTSU
- After logging into myTSU, click on the Banner Services tab
- Click -> Student -> Click Registration -> Click Look Up Classes
(If you do not have a "Student" link, the Admissions Office has not received, or has not yet processed your final high school or college/university transcript. Contact the Admissions Office at 615-963-5052 for more information.)
- Select "Term" from drop-down menu (example: Summer Term 2011) and click "Submit".
- Select the subject in the "Subject" scroll bar (example: Astronomy) based on the schedule you created with your advisor
- Click the Class Search button at the bottom of the page
- Locate your course (ex: Subj: ASTR Crse: 1010 =ASTR 1010)
- Select your course by checking the box to the left of the course
- Click the Add to Work Sheet button at the bottom of the page
- If this is your only course, choose the Submit Changes button and go to Step 3, or id you have more courses to enter, choose the Class Search button and repeat letters D-I.
STEP 4: HOUSING
Students with questions regarding housing assignments must report to the Basement (Game Room) Level of Kean Hall.
STEP 5: FINANCIAL AID
For assistance and services regarding financial Aid, please report to Kean Hall, Floyd-Payne Campus Center.
STEP 6: PAYMENT OF FEES
For Payment of fees, Access myTSU @ http://mytsu.tnstate.edu and do the following:
- Click Student Account
- Check Account Balance
- Pay Fees with MasterCard, Visa, or check
- Print Account Statement (bill)
- Print Detail Class Schedule
STEP 7: CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
To ensure confirmation of your registration, all students must access mytsu and following this series of clicks:
- Click on Banner Services
- Student Tab
- Student Account
- Account Detail for Term
- Select Semester of attendance
- Account Summary
- Confirm Registration
- Click the “Yes I will be attending” link
Only students with “0” or “Credit Balances” will be allowed to confirm. Others will be directed to the payment screen for payment of outstanding fees.
PLEASE NOTE: Students need to wait 1 hour after confirming classes before going to Kean to get their ID Card.
ID CARDS AND PARKING DECALS
For ID Cards, report to the Kean Gymnasium. For Parking Decals report to Campus Security.