Tennessee State University is engaging in cutting-edge research to address critical challenges in our society. Our research arm supports faculty and students by taking their ideas from conception to fruition in critical areas such as biotechnology, homeland security and agriculture, to name a few. Our Centers of Excellence encourage collaborative and experimental learning opportunities and help expand the boundaries of science, education and technology.
Investigate your own hot topic or join a team of TSU researchers to pursue a project through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP). Participate in a creative scholarly collaboration and the experiential learning opportunities in one of our Centers of Excellence as you help expand the boundaries of science, education, and technology.
ANNUAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
Share your findings during our week-long University-wide Annual Research Symposium that highlights the latest developments in the social and physical sciences, business and the economy, agriculture, engineering, arts and humanities, education, national security, health, technology, and a variety of emerging fields.
OUR RESEARCH PROGRAMS
Check out TSU’s research programs that include biotechnology, homeland security, and other critical areas. Subjects range from genes that produce hearty plants and their possible implications for Alzheimer’s disease to:
- coordinated robotic performance and search for extra-solar planets,
- multi-state educational programs that demonstrate gains in student learning,
- Automated Target Recognition for the Sensors Directorate of the U.S. Air Force,
- biological control of fire ants,
- methods for recycling solid wastes,
- e-business and supply chain management,
- maximizing turbine engine performance,
- wireless network security,
- intelligent visual inspection of manufacturing components,
- sensor-based machinery condition monitoring,
- robust machinery fault diagnosis and prognosis,
- automated unexploded ordnance detection and remediation,
- multi-modality sensory data/information fusion,
- intelligent surveillance systems, precision measurements,
- adaptive control, cooperative robotics,
- human-robot interfaces,
- outdoor robot navigation,
- space robotics,
- distributed wireless sensor networks,
- human-centric graphical user interface,
- virtual reality and telerobotics,
- image processing and understanding,
- modeling and simulation,
- reducing cancer disparities among minorities in the Middle Tennessee region,
- agricultural bio-security,
- and additional exciting topics.
Check with Research & Sponsored Programs for more about institutional research. You’ll want to take advantage of our wealth of resources, including links to funding sources, grants notification services, guides, directories, libraries, and research administration organizations.
It’s all right here at your fingertips.
Explore TSU for yourself.
Visit us and see the campus,
learn more about life in Nashville,
and discover the heart of our exciting TSU Tiger community.
Apply for admission, request information, or contact Tennessee State University today.
P. O. Box 9609
Nashville, TN 37209
NSF 2016 Video Showcase