Insect Chemical Ecology
Behaviorally-Based Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management
- Addesso, K. M., H. T. Alborn and H. J. McAuslane. (in preparation) Attract and repel: Identification of a dual-component oviposition deterring pheromone from pepper weevil oviposition plugs. Journal of Chemical Ecology.
- Addesso, K. M., K. A. Short, C. W. Miller, and A. J. Moore. (in preparation) Condition-dependent attraction to potential mates in the leaf-footed cactus bug, Narnia femorata (Hemiptera: Coreidae). Journal of Insect Behavior
- Addesso, K. M., P.A. Stansly and H. J. McAuslane. (in preparation) Organic oviposition deterrents for use against pepper weevil. Florida Entomologist.
- Addesso, K. M., H. J. McAuslane and R. T. Cherry. (in press) Aggregation behavior of the southern chinch bug (Hemiptera: Blissidae). Environmental Entomology.
- Addesso, K. M., H. J. McAuslane and H.T. Alborn. 2011. Attraction of pepper weevil to volatiles from damaged pepper plants. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 138: 1-11.
- Addesso, K.M. and H. J. McAuslane. 2009a. Pepper weevil response to volatiles from host and non-host plants. Environmental Entomology 38: 216-224.
- Addesso, K.M., H.J. McAuslane, P.A. Stansly, F. Slansky and D.J. Schuster. 2009b. Artificial Substrates for Oviposition and Larval Development of the Pepper Weevil, Anthonomus eugenii Cano. Journal of Economic Entomology. 102: 257-264.
- Addesso, K. M., H. J. McAuslane, P. A. Stansly, and D. J. Schuster. 2007. Host marking by female pepper weevils, Anthonomus eugenii Cano. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 125: 269-276.
- Fall 2011, Addesso, K. M., H.J. McAuslane, H.T. Alborn and H.A. Smith. Host plant volatiles for use in control of pepper weevil. Symposium Title: Host Plant Volatiles: Identifying New Approaches for Insect Pest Management, Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting, Reno, Nevada.
- Fall 2009, Addesso, K. M., C. McNeill, H.J. McAuslane and H.T. Alborn. A Pain in the Pepper: Developing Behaviorally-Based Management Strategies for the Pepper Weevil. Symposium Title: Developing Effective Management Strategies for Curculionidae: Novel Tactics Targeting the Axis of Weevil, Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Honors and Awards:
- 2009, Henry and Sylvia Richardson Postdoctoral Research Grant, Entomological Society of America.
- 2008, Winner, John A. Mulrennan, Sr. Award for Best Dissertation, Entomology & Nematology Department, University of Florida.
- 2006, First Place, student competition at the Entomological Society of America annual meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 2006, First Place, student competition at the Florida Entomological Society annual meeting in Jupiter Beach, Florida.
- 2003-2007, York Presidential Fellowship, University of Florida.
Postdoctoral Research Entomologist, 2010-2012, USDA-ARS, Chemistry Unit, Center for Medical, Agricultural and Veterinary Entomology, Gainesville, Florida
Ph.D. in Entomology, 2007, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
B.S. in Biology, 2002, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
Date Joined Staff: June 2012