student on campusIf you have further questions beyond the FAQs below, please contact our office.

  1. I received a TSU misconduct citation.  What does this mean for me?
    The citation informs the student that they have been referred to the Office of Student Conduct/Judicial for violation of University policy, specifically the TSU Student Code of Conduct.  The Office of Student Conduct/Judicial Affairs will receive the report and notify you that a pre-hearing conference has been scheduled and your attendance is required.

  2. What happens at the Pre-Hearing Conference?
    At the pre-hearing conference, the Judicial Coordinator or the Assistant Dean of Students will review the Student Conduct Process, and discuss options to resolve the matter.  At this point, the student is also made aware of their rights and responsibilities.   

  3. What rights and responsibilities do I have at the Pre-hearing Conference?
    The student may choose to reach an agreement or admit the violation (s) and accept the sanction (s) or may choose to contest the charge.  If the student chooses to admit to the violation (s) and sanction (s), the admission will constitute a waiver of hearing.  The admission is binding and cannot be revoked without approval of the Dean of Students.

  4. What happens if I do not attend the Pre-Hearing Conference?
    Failure to attend the Pre-Hearing Conference could result in a hold being placed on your account, which would prevent you from registering for classes, or receiving a transcript.

  5. What is an Interim Suspension?
    Interim suspension may be imposed upon a finding by the Chief Judicial Officer or designee that the continued presence of the accused on campus constitutes an immediate threat to the physical safety and well-being of the accused or of any other member of the University community or its guests, destruction of property, or substantial disruption of classroom or other campus activities.  During an interim suspension, the student shall be denied access to campus facilities, classes, and/or all other university activities or privileges unless prior approval has been granted.

  6. What is the Student Affairs Disciplinary Committee and can I choose to have them hear my case?
    The Student Affairs Disciplinary Committee is composed of faculty, staff, and students.  It is the principle judicial body for hearing violations of the university's Student Code of Conduct.  You may choose to have the committee formally hear your case.  The committee will determine, based upon the evidence presented at the hearing, if a violation occurred.

  7. Will I need to bring a Lawyer to the hearing?
    No. However, it is your choice to be accompanied by a lawyer.  If you elect to bring an attorney, they may not speak or present evidence on your behalf.

  8. Will my parents be notified of my alleged conduct?
    Generally no.  Federal Law and University policy restrict our ability to disclose information about a student without his or her consent.