Effective February 1, 2016 the State of Tennessee Treasury Department requires all newly hired employees to make a retirement election on his/her FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT (please review TCRS vs. ORP comparison ). Employees who do not make a binding retirement decision on the first day of employment will be automatically enrolled into the Tennessee Consolidate Retirement System (TCRS) .
- Your health care coverage will begin on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- You have 31 days from your date of hire (which may be different from the date in which you signed your contract) to enroll in benefits.
Benefits Enrollment Instructions
- Keep this window open so you may refer to these instructions . Return to this page when you are finished with numbers 2 and 3 below.
- Click on ALEX . ALEX is the online benefits counselor. ALEX will explain all of the health care benefits available to you and your family. IMPORTANT: You will NOT enroll in coverage within ALEX (it instructs you to log into Edison). Close ALEX when you are done.
- Click on PETE . PETE is the online health savings account counselor. You may enroll in the health savings account (HSA) only if you have selected the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) . Close PETE when you are done.
- Return to this page, and click NEXT PAGE below. On the next page, you will find the forms you will need to complete to enroll in health coverage.
- You must complete these forms accepting/declining coverage. They become part of your file.
Please complete the forms on the following page and scan/email them to email@example.com or fax to 615-963-5027 Attn: Pam Trent, Benefits Manager
Please contact Pam Trent, 615-743-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org,if you have questions
The Office of Human Resources