Financial Aid

Facilitating Funding for Your Education


A number of Graduate Assistantship are offered in many areas of study. To be eligible for a Graduate Assistantship, students must be unconditionally admitted to a degree program, enrolled full-time, and making progress toward the degree. To retain their Assistantship, students must make at least a 3.0 grade point average. Graduate Assistants are required to work approximately 20 hours per week. Those assignments may include some instructional assistance (teaching assistants are usually doctoral students), research assistance, or administrative assistance. Appointments provide a monthly stipend and most include tuition and fees. Information and application may be obtained from the department in which the student plans to study or from the Graduate Studies Office. Nonresident assistants appointed for the preceding spring semester are eligible for in-state fees for summer whether or not the student holds an assistantship in that summer term.

* Graduate Assistantship Application
* View Policy on the Employment of Graduate Assistants


A subsidized loan is awarded to students on the basis of financial need, and borrowers are not charged interest until they begin repayment. An unsubsidized loan is awarded to students regardless of financial need, and interest is charged from the time the loan is disbursed. Direct Loans are awarded to regular students enrolled in an eligible program of study at least half time; other general eligibility requirements must be met. For eligibility requirements, borrowing limits, and application process see the Student Guide for Financial Aid (U.S. Department of Education), available in the Financial Aid Office.


The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for graduate students with demonstrated financial need, who need income to help pay for their cost of education. The Program provides a salary for work performed on campus in academic or administrative offices. The application requires completion of the FAFSA, available in the Financial Aid Office.

webpage contact:
Graduate School