Looking Toward a Career in Dentistry?
Are you wondering if a career in Dental Hygiene is the right choice for you?
- Are you interested in an academic career in the health sciences?
- Would you like to promote and provide oral health care to all?
- Would you enjoy direct patient care?
- Would you like the security of a specialized career?
- Would you like flexible working hours with a wide range of career options?
- Are you interested in patient education and public health?
- Would you like the potential to earn a great salary?
Dental Hygiene may be the career for you!
|"A dental hygienist is a licensed oral health care professional who integrates the roles of clinician, educator, consumer advocate, manager, change agent and researcher to prevent oral disease and to promote health. The primary function of the dental hygienist include working as an integral part of the dental health team and assisting individuals and groups in obtaining and maintaining optimal oral health. Associated activities include the prevention and control of dental diseases and related disorders." (Dental Hygiene Theory and Practice, Saunders, St. Louis, MO, 2003)
How do I gain Admission into the Dental Hygiene Program at TSU?
What degree programs are offered?
View Degree Programs