Workplace Safety and Prevention

safetyEvery office on the University’s campus comes into contact with students, visitors, and other employees. This area of the Orientation is designed to help you know who to contact in case an individual is injured during his/her visit, or during the course of his/her work day.

For students and visitors injured within your area, the first step is for you to contact the TSU Police Department at 615-963-5171 and ask that office to complete a report of the incident. Additionally, you will need to contact the Assistant Director of Environmental Health and Safety, at 615-963-5671, so that he can handle the claim process. Please see the Employee Personnel Handbook pages 21 & 34 for further information on Student and Visitor Injuries.

For an employee injury, as soon as the injury occurs, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 615-963-1238. The Office of Human Resources must be notified in order for a claim to be processed while the employee is seeking treatment. If you cannot contact the Office of Human Resources, or the injury occurs after the office’s operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm feel free to contact our claims adjuster, Sedgwick CMS, directly at 1-866-245-8588 to file a new claim. 



Back                                                                                                                                             Next Page

Table of Contents

webpage contact: