Title III Professional Development Webinar Series Presents
For more information: Call 615-963-7160
Available On Demand
Additional Webinar offerings:
On-demand – Title III (Magna 20-minute Mentors) – “Tools for Your Classroom”
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a viewing at your convenience.
• Session 1: Teaching Strategies I (60 minutes)
1. Should I Take Attendance?
2. How Can I Learn Student Names?
3. How Do I Assign Students to Groups?
• Session 2: Teaching Strategies II (60 minutes)
1. How Do I Get Students to Read Their Assignments Before Class?
2. How Do I Use VoiceThread for Online Student Discussions?
3. How Can I Use Voice Feedback to Improve Student Learning?
• Session 3: Assessment (Evaluating Student Performance) (60 minutes)
1. How Should I Respond to Wrong (or Not Very Good) Answers?
2. What Are My Multiple Choice Test Results Telling Me? (Improving the Use of Multiple-choice questions)
3. What Are My Rubric Results Telling Me? (Developing Effective Rubrics)
• Session 4: Planning (60 minutes)
1. How Can I Clarify Fuzzy Learning Goals?
2. What Can I Learn From Student Ratings?
3. Learner-Centered Teaching—Where Should I Start?
• Session 5: Innovative Learning Strategies (40 minutes)
1. How Flexible Should I Be With Non-Traditional Students?
2. How Can I Promote Deep, Lasting Student Learning?
• Session 6: 10 Ways to Engage Your Students on the First Day of Class (90 minutes)
More Free Resources Online:
When Academic Advising and Financial Aid Collide
Advising and Student Retention
• NACADA Advising Students Index
Student and Advisor Responsibilites
Advising Session Techniques
New Paltz - Advising Best Practices
Missouri Western State University - Best Practices in Advising
Have a Higher Ed question? AskIE
What is StudentLingo?
How can peer advising help with retention?
• How can peer advising help at risk students?
How can I best provide advising to online students?