Spring 2012 History Senior Projects Presentations
To the Spring 2012 Senior Project Class: Congratulations on Completing One Journey and Best Wishes as You Commence Your Next One!
Michael T. Bertrand, Senior Project AdvisorSpring 2012 History Senior Projects Presentations--Friday, May 4, 2012
- Thomas Jefferson Alverson--“Science Fiction and Television in the 1960’s: A Historical Inquiry into Science Fiction Television Programming”
- Daryl F. Bobo-- “Aloha `Oe: The End of the Hawaiian Monarchy: Examining Sugar’s Effects on the Reign of Hawaii’s Final Queen”
- Noah Cain-- “Woodrow Wilson and the League Fight: Woodrow Wilson’s Unsuccessful Attempt to Get the United States to Join the League of Nations”
- Qualekqua Cooper-- “The New Slavery: The Relationship between the Black Female Domestic Worker and the White Female Employer”
- Louis Davis, Jr. -- “The Assassination of Malcolm X”
- Haile James Dawud-- “Struggling for Equity in the Classroom: The Brown v. Board of Education Decision and Its Impact on Minority Education”
- Adam Jordan-- “An Intellectual Genealogy of Kwame Nkrumah”
- Ashley Layhew-- “The Devil’s in the Details: A Comprehensive Look at the Salem Witch
- Mania of 1692”
- Trevor R. Porter-- “The Right Reverend Richard Allen: Faith in Methodism”
- Vernon E. Shaw, Jr. -- “The Motives and Achievements of Social Reform through Margaret Sanger’s Eyes: A Historical Examination of the Birth Control Movement”
- Jason Alan Smith-- “The Case for Racism: Jim Crow, Biological Determinism, and the Pseudo-Science of Post-Civil War Racial Theory”
Spring 2012 History Senior Project Presentations occurred on Friday, May 4, 2012.