Welcome to the Psychology Department at Tennessee State University, where student success matters!
Our primary mission in the Department of Psychology is to meet students where they are today and take them where they want to be by providing all students with the best possible mentorship, training, and education in the exciting field of psychology. From undergraduate research experiences examining the auditory systems of primate brains, to school-based preparation for a career as a school counselor—we have much to offer in a variety of subfields of psychology.
We hope you will choose TSU’s Psychology Department because:
- 40% of our undergraduate Psychology majors go on to earn Masters degrees
- 100% of our M.S. Professional School Counseling students pass the PRAXIS exam
- Our Ph.D. program offers a Counseling concentration that is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and a School Psychology concentration with ASPPB designation (either of which prepares graduates to become licensed psychologists)
PROGRAMS & CONCENTRATIONS
For more information, please view Degree Programs and contact the appropriate coordinator from the following list:
- B.S. in Psychology Amy Sibulkin, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.S. – Professional School Counseling Thurman Webb, Ed.D., email@example.com
- Post-Masters Program in School Counseling Jeri Lee, Ed.D., JD, firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.S. Psychology
- Ph.D. Psychology
- School designations held with the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards and the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology; Joan Popkin, Ph.D.; email@example.com
- Counseling APA-Accredited; Robin Oatis-Ballew, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact coordinators directly with any questions you may have regarding specific Department of Psychology Programs. We are here to serve you.
Kiesa Kelly, Ph.D.
Chair & Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
Tennessee State University
The TSU Psychology Department is housed on the 450-acre Main Campus of Tennessee State University within Clay Hall. The Department, located within the College of Education, shares additional research and computer laboratory space with other departments in a number of other buildings on campus. Library facilities are close to Clay Hall, as are the bookstore and other resources. The Psychology Department at TSU offers undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees in psychology.
Other components and resources of the department include: