Small Ruminant Livestock
In an effort to protect and enhance public safety and food security, a series of fact sheets was developed for meat goat and sheep managers as well as others that may come in contact with these small ruminant enterprises.
- FAZD 301 - Biosecurity Measures for Meat Goats and Sheep
- FAZD 302 - Medidas de Bioseguridad para los Criadores de Caprinos y Ovinos
- FAZD 303 - Major Zoonotic Diseases of Sheep and Meat Goats
- FAZD 304 - Principales Enfermedades Extranjeras y Zoonóticas de los Ovinos y Caprinos de Carne
These documents were developed in partnership with the Extension programs at Alabama A&M University, Kentucky State University, Alcorn State University, and Texas A&M University.
OTHER SPECIES-SPECIES FACT SHEETS
Other species-specific livestock bio-security fact sheets (including for dairy goats) in the series and general information about livestock bio-security are located at the National Center for Foreign Animal and Zoo-notic Disease Defense (FAZD).
OTHER FAZD SMALL RUMINANT DOCUMENTS
- Management Options to Prevent Diseases for Small Dairy Goat Farms: English || Español
- Foreign Animal and Zoonotic Disease Information for Small Dairy Goat Farms: English || Español