Bodruzzaman is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He has 25 years of teaching and research experience. His research interest include digital signal processing, time-frequency and wavelet analysis, pattern recognition, and artificial neural networks. Since 1990 he had conducted 18 different funded research projects (as PI and Co-PI) funded by US Air Force, Army, Navy, Dept. of Defense, National Science Foundation, National Security Agency, Dept. of Energy etc. He authored and co-authored 33 refereed journal/conference papers and 41 non-refereed conference proceeding papers.
Office: 214 C Torrence Hall
• Ph. D., Electrical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 1990.
• M. S., Physics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 1984.
• M. Sc., Physics, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, 1979.
• B. Sc. (Hons.), Physics, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, 1977.
• Professor: (2000-present): Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tennessee State University. USA
• Associate Professor: (1995-‘00): Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tennessee State University, USA
• Assistant Professor: (1989-‘95): Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tennessee State University, USA
• Instructor: (1985-‘89): Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tennessee State University, USA
• Research Assistant: (1983-‘85): Department of Electrical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, USA
• Teaching Fellow: (1980-‘83): Department of Physics and Astronomy, Vanderbilt University, USA
1. APPLICATIONS OF NEURAL-FUZZY-GENETICS IN ENGINEERING SYSTEMS, Edited by M. Bodruzzaman et.al., College of Engineering and Technology, Tennessee State University, Pub. No. : TSU-00-0046 (A)-3-993900, Nashville, TN., January 2000.
2. Satinderpaul S. Devgan and M. Bodruzzaman, “Development of a Neural Network Predictor for Wind Power,” Book Chapter 37 in , ENERGY BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SOURCEBOOK , Edited by Jana Ricketts, PWI Press, Inc., ISBN: 0137432534, 2000.
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
1. Marpaka, D., M. Bodruzzaman, S. Kari, S. S. Devgan, and S. M. Aghil, "Neural network-based transient stability assessment of electric power system." Proc. 3rd Biennial Symposium on Industrial Electric Power Application, SEPRI Conference, New Orleans, LA, p. 210-216, November 1992.
2. Marpaka, D., S. Kari and M. Bodruzzaman, "Transient stability assessment of electric power system using connectionist models." Proc. ANNIE Conference, St. Louis, MO, Vol. 2, p. 859-864, Nov. 1992.
3. Marpaka, D., .S. Devgan, M. Bodruzzaman, S. Kari and S. Al-Sharaeh, "Artificial neural networks and their application to power system industry." Proc. IEEE Southeastcon, Birmingham, AL., Vol. 1, p. 354-357, April 1992.
4. M. Bodruzzaman and M. Zein-Sabatto, “Estimation of micro-crack lengths using eddy current C-scan images and neural-wavelet transform,” Proceedings of IEEE Southeastcon, Huntsville, AL., April 4-6, pp.551-556, 2008.
5. Selina Bodruzzaman, M. Bodruzzaman, A. Sekmen, S. Zein-Sabatto and M. Malkani, “Neural network-based distributed pattern recognition system,” Proc. Of IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing And Communication Systems (ISPACS), Nov. 2001.
6. M. Bodruzzaman, R. Gupta, M. R. Karim, and S. Bodruzzaman, “Neural network-based codebook search for image compression,” Proc. IEEE Southeastcon 2000 (full length paper), Nashville, TN, IEEE Pub. No. 00CH37105, p. 417-424, April 2000.
7. Essawy, M. and M. Bodruzzaman, "Neural Network-Based Monitoring and Control of Abnormal Chaotic Behavior in Fluidized Bed Systems," Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, ASME Press Series, Cihan H. Dagli et.al. (Eds), ANNIE’97, Vol. 7, p. 647-652, Nov. 1997.
8. Essawy, M., and M. Bodruzzaman, "Iterative prediction of chaotic time-series using recurrent neural network." Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, ASME Press Series, Cihan H. Dagli et.al. (Eds), ANNIE’96, Vol. 6, p. 753-762, November 1996.
• Chair: Technical Program Committee, IEEE SoutheastCon '11, Nashville, TN April 17-20, 2011.
• Vice-Chair: Technical Program Committee, IEEE Southeast Conference held in Nashville, April 2000.
• Chairman: Publication Committee, IEEE SMC Int’l Conference held in Nashville, October 9-11, 2000.
• Member: Organizing Committee, IEEE SMC Int’l Conference to be held in Nashville, Oct 9-11, 2000.
• Chairman: First Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Symposium, Nashville, August, 1997.
• Member: Technical Committee, 2001 IEEE Int’l Symposium, ISPAC, Nashville, TN, Nov 20-23, 2001
• Served as a Member of two Ph.D. Dissertation Committee at Vanderbilt University and at TSU, Advised 29 Masters Theses and 66 undergraduate Senior Projects.
• Supervised 5 Post-Doctoral Research Associate under various research projects since 1990.
• Chairman: Neural Network Session, IEEE Southeastcon, Charlotte, NC. April 1993
• Reviewer: U.S. Department of Energy, Taylor & Francis Publishing Co., and IEEE Publishing Co.
• Developed several graduate courses in the areas of Signal/Image Processing, Artificial Neural networks, Pattern Recognition/Data Mining and Biomedical Engineering.
• Senior Member: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (1998-present).
Collaborators and Co-Authors within the past 48 months:
S. Zein-Sabatto (Tennessee State University), A. Behbahani (Air Force Research Lab, Dayton, OH) and R. Mgaya (Tennessee State University).
Electrical and Computer Engineering