The Department of Dental Hygiene is committed to ensure an educational program of excellence to its students. The Department further pledges to provide the ongoing oral health care to all populations, especially to those underserved through community service with regard to cultural diversity. We pledge to continue the promotion of Dental Hygiene as a profession; and promotion of research and life-long learning.
- To prepare a dental hygiene professional who is sensitive to the delivery of quality care with regard to cultural diversity.
- To encourage the student to think independently and to participate in critical thinking, problem solving, and life-long learning.
- To promote a positive value system that will foster ethical behavior throughout the dental hygiene career and life.
- To provide oral health care to all, including populations designated as under-served.
- To promote Dental Hygiene as a profession through service learning and civic engagement.
- To promote the use of technology throughout the curriculum.