WHAT IS SCIENCE OLYMPIAD?
- Nationally recognized program for enhancing science education and interest in science
- For Middle and High Schools, it is a science competition for teams of up to 15 students competing in 23 different age related events over the course of the day
- For Elementary Schools, it is an instructional lesson design, Science Fun Day/Night structure, Intra-grade level competition format and a Competition. (In GA, the ESO competitive team size is 20 students with limitations on grade 5 and 6 participants.)
- Usually each team competes in all 23 events
- Grade-related activities (K-2; 3-5; 6-9; 9-12) spanning all areas of science
- Activities emphasize doing and applying science
- Middle and High School Teams may advance from regional to state to national competitions'
- All current year event lists, descriptions and study help may be found at www.soinc.org
- You may purchase event specific kits through Science Kit:
WHERE ARE TOURNAMENTS HELD?
- For elementary schools, usually within a school or school system
- Some schools will hold practice invitational tournaments before actual tournament.
WANT MORE INFO?