Welcome to the Office of Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs
The Office of Student Conduct/Mediation Services provides the following services:
- Oversees and provides disciplinary guidance for the entire student body
- Interprets and enforces institutional disciplinary policies as set forth in the Student Handbook
- Initiate and encourage educational activities that serve to prevent violations of campus regulations
- Protect relevant rights of students
- Make necessary referrals to appropriate parties on the student's behalf
WHAT IS MEDIATION?
Mediation is a voluntary process by which a neutral third party facilitates the discussion and identification of issues between the disputants, the development of alternative solutions, and the negotiation of a mutually satisfying outcome to the dispute.
Mediation can lead to a peaceful resolution of a dispute without the need for a hearing. Mediation has an 80% success rate.
College and university students are citizens of the state, local and national governments and the academic community and are, therefore, expected to conduct themselves as law-abiding members of each community at all times.
It is your responsibility as a student to know and understand all university rules, regulations, and policies, including the Tennessee State University Code of Student Conduct. See the Code of Student Conduct below: