Bachelor of Science (BS) in Professional Studies
Program Requirements (120 credit hours)
General Education (60 hours)
A student must meet the General Education Requirements of Tennessee State University. It is critical to speak with a TSU Student Support Services Counselor prior to enrollment regarding the General Education Requirements and transferability.
- Complete all of your general education courses through Tennessee State, OR
- Speak with the TSU Student Support Services Counselor to determine which prior college credits fulfill the university general education requirements.
Professional Core (21 hours)
Choose one course from each area.
Administration and Supervision -- 3 hours
- PADM 3601 - Public Administration
- MGMT 3610 - Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
- TECH 4381 - Principles of Supervision
- LIST 4093 - Special Topics and Leadership
Organizational Systems -- 3 hours
- PM 4120 - Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PADM 4226 - Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
Team and Organizational Relations -- 3 hours
- ORCO 3240 - Organizational Communication
- COMM 3010 - Integrated Corporate Communication
- COMM 4410 - Conflict Negotiation and Resolution
Statistical Methods -- 3 hours
- SOCI 4510 - Introduction to Social Research
- SOAA 3350 - Social Statistics
- JOUR 3410 - Public Relations Research
Written Communication -- 6 hours
- ENGL 3134 - Computers, Writing and Literature
- ENGL 3250 - Professional Communication I
- JOUR 3421 - Public Relations Writing
International Context -- 3 hours
- SPAN 3550 - Latin America: Countries and People
- POLI 4350 - International Law
- JOUR 4712 - Mass Media and Culture
- PS 3510 - International Political Economy
- POLS 3010 - Comparative Politics
Organizational Leadership Concentration (15 hours)
Choose five courses from the following.
- BMGT 3630 - Human Resource Management
- SW 3200 - Cultural Diversity
- JOUR 3400 - Introduction to Public Relations
- MGMT 4800 - Corporate Etiquette
- PSY 3590 - Psychology of Personality
- PSYC 3210 - Abnormal Psychology
- BMGT 3600 - International Management
- PADM 4401 - Comparative Public Administration
- LDSP 3000 - Leadership Development
- JOUR 4420 - Public Relations Case Study
- COMM 3560 - Intercultural Communication
Culminating Projects--3 hours
UNIV 4995: Culminating Special Project -- 3 hours
Organizational Leadership Electives/Additional General Education (upon need) (21 hours)
Graduation Requirements include the following:
- At least 120 semester hours total.
- At least 30 semester hours must be awarded by Tennessee State University.
- At least 45 semester hours at the 3000-4000 level.
- No more than 24 semester hours in business courses.
Please check with your TSU Student Support Services Counselor, Mr. Bryan Thorpe (firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-963-7214) for advisement regarding your degree plan.