Call for Proposals - 60 minute sessions
Deadline February 7,2014
Presenter's selected by February 14, 2014
This conference provides diversity professionals, key institutional partners and students the opportunity to hear from national leaders who have made significant inroads in the area of diversity & inclusion in the HBCU college and university environment.
We seek proposals from individual and teams who are prepared to make presentations related to one of the areas listed below.
Presentation Themes (Please select one):
- Recruitment and Retention
- Classroom Strategies for Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Campus Programming for various populations
- Effective Leadership Models and Approaches for Diversity at HBCUs
- Social Justice Service Learning Approaches
- Building Internal and External Partnerships to Support Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity and Inclusion in Policy Development
- Utilizing and Leveraging Research and Data for Diversity and Inclusion
- A Student’s Perspective of Diversity at HBCUs
Description of Themes:
Recruitment and Retention
- How do we address diversity in our student recruitment strategies?
- What are effective programs/strategies for recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty?
- How do we incorporate staff diversity in our succession planning programs?
- How do we address student learning outcomes in an era of increased performance based funding?
Classroom Strategies for Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- How can we utilize comprehensive curriculum reviews to inform faculty of the importance of diversity in pedagogy?
- What type of faculty development initiatives prepare faculty to successfully teach diverse student populations?
Effective Leadership Models and Approaches for Diversity at HBCUs
- How do we key stakeholders’ knowledge base around diversity and inclusion to support the role of the Chief Diversity Officer?
- What are the best models for engaging all campus stakeholders in the planning and implementation of a diversity strategic plan?
Social Justice Service Learning Approaches
- How individuals become committed to Social Justice?
- What are the best models to access the organization’s orientation to service learning and social justice?
- Strategies and tactics instructors can use to reinforce student learning outcomes as students become more critically aware
Diversity and Inclusion in Policy Development
- What are your institution’s Diversity and Inclusion strategies and objectives?
- How are your Diversity and Inclusion strategies aligned to the university’s strategic plans?
- How are your Diversity and Inclusion objectives aligned to the university’s objectives?
- Tenure Policy
Utilizing and Leveraging Research and Data for Diversity and Inclusion
- Example of How research informs specific Diversity and Inclusion strategies on your campus
- Presentations of significant research in a particular issue related to Diversity and Inclusion.
Speaker Panel - (60 minutes inclusive of Q & A)
Workshop – (60 minutes inclusive of Q & A)
Want to recommend us a topic? Please click here