Mini semesters are composed of three different types of course structures that encourage students to stay on track for graduation. Students have an opportunity to apply for scholarships covering the cost of, at minimum, 3 credits with an opportunity to gain up to 9 credits over the three mini semester offerings.
Xtreme Spring Break is offered during Spring Break every academic year - this is usually within the month of March. The courses offered are usually general education courses at the 1000 and 2000 level and occur from 8 a.m. to 5p.m. every day of Spring Break.
2017 X-Treme Spring Break classes will be held March 12 - 18, 2017
The XSB Scholarship Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be a current full time student (the current semester of the XSB scholarship)
- Have a current CUMULATIVE 3.0 GPA
- The Spring Break Course must be a part of your 4 year curriculum plan
- If the XSB course creates an overload (more than 18 credit hours for spring 2017) an Overload Form must be completed.
- Complete the XSB Scholarship Application. 2017 XSB Application will be available January 30, 2017.
- Students will be registered for the XSB course through the Records Office.
Current 2017 X-Treme Spring Break Course Offerings:
How To Find X-Treme Break Courses In myTSU
2017 X-Treme Spring Break Information Sessions will be held:
Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
Monday, January 23, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
Friday, January 27, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. - Student Success Center Auditorium, Room 230
MAYmester is offered during the normal MAYmester semester every academic year – courses usually start the Monday after Graduation and continue until the end of May. The courses offered vary in subject and times offered.
The MAYmester Scholarship Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be a current full time student (the Spring semester prior to the MAYmester session)
- Have a current CUMULATIVE 2.5 GPA or higher
- The MAYmester Course must be a part of your 4 year curriculum plan
- Register for the MAYmester course through the myTSU system
*NOTE: There is no application for MAYmester. You simply register for the course and if you are eligible for the scholarship it will be automatically added to your account!
SUNsational Summer is offered during the normal summer sessions – courses usually start at the beginning of June and continue on until the end of July/beginning of August. The courses offered vary in subject and times offered.
SUNsational eligibility is dependent on the successful completion of an Xtreme Spring Break and/or MAYmester course. You will be notified if you are eligible for a SUNsational Summer course.