Mini semesters are composed of three different types of course structures that encourage students to stay on track for graduation. Students have an opportunity to apply for scholarships covering the cost of, at minimum, 3 credits with an opportunity to gain up to 9 credits over the three mini semester offerings.
Xtreme Spring Break is offered during Spring Break every academic year - this is usually within the month of March. The courses offered are usually general education courses at the 1000 and 2000 level and occur from 8 a.m. to 5p.m. every day of Spring Break.
The XSB Scholarship Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be a current full time student (the current semester of the XSB scholarship)
- Have a current CUMULATIVE 3.0 GPA
- The Spring Break Course must be a part of your 4 year curriculum plan
- If the XSB course creates an overload (more than 18 credit hours) an Overload Form must be completed.
- Complete the XSB Scholarship Application.
- Students will be registered for the XSB course through the Records Office.
MAYmester is offered during the normal MAYmester semester every academic year – courses usually start the Monday after Graduation and continue until the end of May. The courses offered vary in subject and times offered.
2017 MAYmester classes will be held May 8 - 25, 2017
The MAYmester Scholarship Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be a current full time student (the Spring semester prior to the MAYmester session)
- Have a current CUMULATIVE 2.5 GPA or higher
- The MAYmester Course must be a part of your 4 year curriculum plan
- Register for the MAYmester course through the myTSU system
*NOTE: There is no application for MAYmester. You simply register for the course and if you are eligible for the scholarship it will be automatically added to your account! Registration for MAYmester courses will begin April 3, 2017. 2017 MAYmester courses are listed under Summer Term 2017.
How To Find MAYmester Courses In myTSU
Current Courses Offered for 2017 MAYmester:
ENGL 1020 (Full)
PSYC 2180 (Full)
ENGL 2013 (Full)
||MGMT 4250 (Full)||PSYC 3150 (Full)|
|BISI 2150||ENGL 4900||MUSC 1010||PSYC 3300 (Full)|
FACS 4500 (Full)
||PSYC 4130 (Full)|
|COMM 2200||GEOG 3500||MUSC 4520||SPAN 1010|
|COMM 4600 (Full)||HIMA 1040||MUSC 4522||THTR 1020|
HIST 2010 (Full)
|COMP 3130 (Full)||HIST 2020||PHIL 4500|
||HLSC 3060||POLI 1010|
|CRCS 1000||HONR 3012||POLI 2010|
ECON 2010 (Full)
||HSMG 2000||POLI 4059|
|ECON 4980||MEEN 4011 (Full)||PSYC 2010 (Full)|
SUNsational Summer is offered during the normal summer sessions – courses usually start at the beginning of June and continue on until the end of July/beginning of August. The courses offered vary in subject and times offered.
SUNsational eligibility is dependent on the successful completion of an Xtreme Spring Break and/or MAYmester course. You will be notified if you are eligible for a SUNsational Summer course. Qualifying students must take the summer course at TSU during the award year.