Bachelor of Science (BS) in Professional Studies
Information Technology Concentration
Program Requirements (120 credit hours)
General Education (60 hours)
A student must meet the General Education Requirements of Tennessee State University. It is critical to speak with a TSU Student Support Services Counselor prior to enrollment regarding the General Education Requirements and transferability.
- Complete all of your general education courses through Tennessee State, OR
- Speak with the TSU Student Support Services Counselor to determine which prior college credits fulfill the university general education requirements.
Professional Core (21 hours)
Choose one course from each area.
Administration and Supervision -- 3 hours
PADM 3601 - Public Administration
MGMT 3610 - Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
TECH 4381 - Principles of Supervision
LIST 4093 - Special Topics and Leadership
Organizational Systems -- 3 hours
- PM 4120 - Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PADM 4226 - Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
Team and Organizational Relations -- 3 hours
- ORCO 3240 - Organizational Communication
- COMM 3010 - Integrated Corporate Communication
- COMM 4410 - Conflict Negotiation and Resolution
Statistical Methods -- 3 hours
- SOCI 4510 - Introduction to Social Research
- SOAA 3350 - Social Statistics
- JOUR 3410 - Public Relations Research
Written Communication -- 6 hours
- ENGL 3134 - Computers, Writing and Literature
- ENGL 3250 - Professional Communication I
- JOUR 3421 - Public Relations Writing
International Context -- 3 hours
- SPAN 3550 - Latin America: Countries and People
- POLI 4350 - International Law
- JOUR 4712 - Mass Media and Culture
- PS 3510 - International Political Economy
- POLS 3010 - Comparative Politics
Information Technology Concentration (15 hours)
Choose one course from each area for total of 15 hours.
Management Information Systems Overview -- 3 hours
- PTMA 3020 - Managing Information Technology
- MGMT 3220 - Management Information Systems
Software -- 3 hours
- CSC 3700 - Software Analysis & Design
- UNIV 4706 - Managing Software Development
Files/Operating Systems -- 3 hour
- INFS 3700 - Introduction to System Analysis and Design
Database Management -- 3 hours
- CSCI 3222 - Database Management Systems
Networks -- 3 hours
- INFS 4900 - Seminar in Data Communications
Culminating Projects--3 hours
UNIV 4995: Culminating Special Project -- 3 hours
Information Technology Electives OR Additional General Education, if needed (21 hours)
Graduation Requirements include the following:
- At least 120 semester hours total.
- At least 30 semester hours must be awarded by Tennessee State University.
- At least 45 semester hours at the 3000-4000 level.
- No more than 24 semester hours in business courses.
Please check with your TSU Student Support Services Counselor, Mr. Bryan Thorpe (firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-963-7214) for advisement regarding your degree plan.