The web provides lots of information...
but the value of all web content is not the same!
Students (and scholars of all ages, ranks, and abilities) must be vigilant in selecting resources for use. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the content here.
The links listed here are external to TSU and may change or be taken down all together. You are responsible for the sources you use, so be careful to review the quality of all pages.
Some basic questions to ask about any web page:
- Who is the author? Look at the url—remember that .com means commercial (something to sell) and not communication. Is the author(s) an “experts” on the subject?
- When was the material last updated?
- What is the source of the material?
- Is this site respected and used by others?
- Can I verify and double-check all of the content?
Drafting And Revising
Electronic Publishing, etc.
Invention & General
Using Resources in Writing