The Teacher Education Program at TSU prepares competent and caring facilitators of learning, committed to diversity and the success of all. Ready2Teach (R2T), a clinically-rich, co-teaching residency model sponsored by TBR, helps TSU accomplish its teacher education mission. Enhanced by the Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA)—a performance-based approach to candidate evaluation—R2T prepares new teachers to be ready to teach from day one in the classroom.
Office: 107 Clay Hall
What is Ready2Teach?
- A year-long co-teaching residency in the schools
- Consists of Residency 1 (minimum 50%) and Residency 2 (100 %)
- Strong partnership with schools and school-based mentors
- Utilizes problem-based learning (analysis of authentic cases)
- Designed to improve P-12 student outcomes
- Intended to help public schools meet their goals and address needs
What is the Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA)?
- A performance-based approach to candidate assessment
- Capstone assessment integrates planning, instruction, assessment, and analysis of teaching
- Candidates videotape 15 -20 minute teaching event for reflection and analysis
- Candidates construct approximately 40-page narrative on critical teaching tasks
- Candidates submit electronic report on teaching event for assessment by 2 reviewers
How does R2T benefit partner schools?
- Candidates as co-teachers provide assistance in the classroom
- Mutual development of skills as mentor teachers and candidates engage in co-teaching
- Candidates able to provide individual attention and tutoring to students
- Opportunity for recruitment of highly qualified new teachers
- Opportunities for professional development from university faculty
- The TPA as part of R2T prepares candidates for the TEAM evaluation
TSU Ready 2 Teach Events
January 22, 2016 Residency II/Student Teaching Orientation Avon Williams Campus Room 323 8:30am - 2:00pm registration at 8:00am Atrium Lobby
Undergraduate Admission Application
Teacher Education Program Undergraduate Admission Application Packet will be accepted March 1 - 30, 2016 by 2:00pm. Application is located on the TESS website www.tnstate.edu/teachered under News and Announcements.
Graduate Admission Application and/or Student Teaching Application
Teacher Education Program Graduate Admission Application Packet will be accepted March 1 - 30, 2016 by 2:00pm.
Student Teaching Applications for Fall 2016 due March 1-30, 2016 by 2:00pm.
All applications may be found on the Teacher Education and Student Services page: www.tnstate.edu/teachered