Science Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy
Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy is a national leader in K-12 education; inspiring, engaging and educating K-12 students, parents/caregivers and teachers. Since 2004, through FY2014, SEMAA nationally has engaged more than 469,000 participants.
The Goals of the SEMAA Program are to:
- Inspire a more diverse student population to pursue careers in STEM-related fields,
- Engage students, parents/adult family members and teachers by incorporating emerging technologies, and
- Educate students utilizing rigorous STEM curricula, designed and implemented as only NASA can.
The key components of service are:
- Hands-on, Inquiry-Based K-12 STEM Curricula
- Aerospace Education Laboratory (AEL)
- Family Café
- Professional Development
Contact the Director, John Barfield, with any questions at
or by phone at