SEMAA / MUREP
Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy
NOTE! The SEMAA website is no longer active. Please bookmark the new location because this notification page will be removed in 6 months.
Tennessee Minority University Research Education Project (MUREP) Aerospace Academy
This project will build upon the prior success of NASA Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy (SEMAA) programs and continue to teach aerospace, mathematics, space, engineering, and science concepts to students in grades K-8.
The goals of the MUREP program are to:
- Inspire a more diverse student population to pursue careers in STEM-related fields;
- Engage students, parents/adult family members and teachers by immersing them in STEM activities involving emerging technologies and high-tech applications; and
- Educate students utilizing rigorous STEM curricula, designed and implemented by NASA, and utilizing effective evidence-based strategies employed by leading STEM professionals and agencies.
The key components of service are:
- Hands-on, Inquiry-Based K-12 STEM Curricula
- Aerospace Education Laboratory (AEL) Access
- Family Café
- Student Professional Development
- Community Outreach Activities
SEMAA Science Olympiad Helicopter Project
Contact the SITES-M/MUREP Director, Sosi Makonnen, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 615-963-5450.