Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
College of Agriculture, Human and Natural Sciences
Office Location: 214I Farrell-Westbrook
Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation; Family Life.
Most Significant Publications:
Legal Concerns of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (2006)
Facts Regarding Incarcerated Parents and Their Children (2006)
Grandparents as Parents a Second Time Around (2005)
The Importance of Remaining in School (1998)
Keeping Our Children Safe (1997)
Awards and Honors:
1. 1890 Region Award for Excellence in Education, Cooperative Extension System of CSREES/USDA, New York, NY, 2007.
Distinguished Extension Specialist Award, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, 2007.
2. Southern Region Program Leaders Network Executive Committee Chair, 2006-2007.
3. Outstanding Service Award, Agricultural Research Program, Tennessee State University, 2001.
4. National Extension Leadership Development (NELD) Program Class VII, 1999- 2001.
5. USDA Extension Service Fellowship for creative and outstanding work in providing assistance on behalf of disadvantaged people, Washington, DC, April through June, 1994.
6. Mildred Clarke Award for Excellence for New Coalition Development, Knoxville, TN, 2000.
7. Outstanding Service Award, 1890 Association of Extension Administrators, Atlanta, GA, 1998.
8. National Coalition for Black Development in Home Economics, Nashville, TN, 1996.
National Council on Family Relations, Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE), 2008.
American Association of Home Economics, Certified Home Economist (CHE), 1993.
B. S. (English) - Tennessee State University
M. S. (Agricultural Sciences) - Tennessee State University
Ed.D. (Educational Administration) - Tennessee State University
Summer Institute on Aging, University of Missouri at Columbia
Date joined staff: December 11, 1992.