- Home >
- Libraries and Media Centers >
- Policies and Procedures
- > Rules and Regulations for Special Collections
Rules and Regulations for Special Collections
The Tennessee State University Library has special rules and regulations governing the use of Special Collections for the students, researchers and the community.
- All TSU Special Collections materials are non-circulating.
- All book bags, briefcases; large purses, packages, outerwear, and the like must be left in the lockers located outside the area.
- All patrons entering Special Collections are required to register at the front desk and leave a valid Student ID or other valid I.D.
- No food or drink is allowed in the area. Smoking is prohibited.
- Cellular telephones must be used outside the area.
- Special Collections books cannot be sent through interlibrary loan.
- Three Special Collections books can be placed on reserve at one time for night and weekend use. Sorority and Fraternity books cannot be placed on Reserve. Reserve books can be obtained from the Reserve Area located on the first floor (only after Special Collections closes).
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS RESERVE BOOKS ARE TO BE USED WITHIN THE LIBRARY. THESE BOOKS DO NOT CIRCULATE OUTSIDE THE BUILDING. A fine and a penalty will be imposed if the books are taken from the library.