Using the Center
Policies & Procedures
Please note the following use policies:
- Valid TSU ID is REQUIRED (students, faculty, & staff)
- Participants exercise at their own risk Individuals are responsible for their own health and safety
- TSU is not responsible for injuries or any lost or stolen items left in the locker rooms
- PLEASE BRING A LOCK FOR USE ON LOCKERS TO SECURE PERSONAL ITEMS. Locks are to be removed daily.
- MACHINES MUST BE CLEANED AFTER EACH USE
- Participants must RACK WEIGHTS AFTER USE
- Never put hand and feet under weight stacks. Place hands and feet only on the handgrips and foot pads provided.
- DO NOT DROP WEIGHT STACKS, PLATES, DUMBBELS OR OTHER FREE WEIGHTS ON FLOOR!
- Use of collars is mandatory on all free weights
- All free weight users must provide at least one spotter
- Personal training is not permitted
- Please- No Profanity, Yelling, Screaming, or Misconduct
- No tobacco, food, or drink allowed in exercise area or aerobics room
- Only Wellness Center Staff may operate the stereo and televisions
- Headphones are required for personal stereos, i-pods, and mp3 players
- Maximum of 30 minutes allowed on each cardio machine when there is a wait
- No personal items such as jackets or bags are allowed in the weight room area
- Proper exercise attire is required: No jeans, cargo shorts, boots, sandals, flip-flops, or sliders will be allowed.
- Swimming pool may be used during authorized hours only and swimming is strictly prohibited without a lifeguard on duty
- No bikes, scooters, etc. are permitted inside the Wellness Center
- Malicious damage to or careless us of equipment will lead to loss of Wellness Center privileges
- Do not operate equipment if it has loose or damaged parts
- Report repair needs to the staff. Do not attempt repairs yourself.