The Tennessee State University ID card is issued to all students, faculty, staff, guests, and contractors.
The ID card is used in dining services, the library, and to access various events on campus for students.
The ID card should be on your person at all times while on campus. The TSU ID Card is the property of Tennessee State University and must be surrendered upon request of any authorized party.
HOW TO GET AN ID CARD
The ID Center is now located on the basement floor of the McCord Hall Room 20. The requirements for issuance of a TSU ID include:
- Photo identification - a valid driver's license or other form of government photo ID (state ID card, military ID, passport, or residence alien card).
Students must first register and confirm their courses
Faculty/staff must have an assigned role in Human Resources
The photo ID is issued immediately after being photographed.
Lost, stolen, and damaged ID cards are replaced for a $10 fee payable in the Bursar's office.
LOST OR STOLEN CARDS
Visit the ID Center to report the card as lost or stolen. A card cannot be marked lost over the phone. Once a card is marked lost, it cannot be reversed. A new ID card and account number will be generated for you twenty minutes after reporting the card lost.
PLEASE NOTE: a replacement card cannot be generated if you are not enrolled and taking classes for the current semester.
There is a $10 fee for a replacement card (lost, stolen, and/or damaged). The fee is payable at the bursar’s office located in the Administration Building. The cashier window closes at 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. Bring your receipt to the ID Center to receive your new card.
Your TSU ID Card provides access to the following services:
- Wellness Center
- Parking Decal
- Residence Hall Access
- Encoded with meal plans
- Access to athletic events
Meal Plans, Dining Services and the P.O.D.
Meal plans are managed through Residence Life. Students who have meal plans must register replacement cards with the main Aramark office located inside the 1st floor cafeteria in the Student Center.
To have funds secured on your ID card for the dining meal plans or purchases at the Produce on Demand (POD) store, you must contact Aramark Food Services:
Mr. Stacey Clevenger | Controller ARAMARK HIGHER EDUCATION
TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
3500 John Merritt Blvd Keane Hall Room 131 Nashville TN 37209
- Do not punch holes in your ID card, bend it excessively, or use it for unintended purposes
- Do not allow the magnetic stripe on your ID card to be scratched by keys, change, or other objects
- Do not put your ID card on stereo equipment, computers, or near any magnetic fields
- Keep your card on a lanyard, in a protective card sleeve or in your wallet
- Keep your ID card out of direct sunlight and away from other heat sources such as a clothes dryer
- The card may be confiscated from the Cardholder as a result of inappropriate or illegal use.
Please note that it is illegal to lend your card someone else, even if it is a good friend or family member.
Return to top
June 1st-August 7th 2014
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:30pm
McCord Hall Room 20
ID Card Policy