Bachelor of Science (BS) in Professional Studies
International Organizational Leadership Concentration
Program Requirements (120 credit hours)
General Education (60 hours)
A student must meet the General Education Requirements of Tennessee State University. It is critical to speak with a TSU Student Support Services Counselor prior to enrollment regarding the General Education Requirements and transferability.
- Complete all of your general education courses through Tennessee State, OR
- Speak with the TSU Student Support Services Counselor to determine which prior college credits fulfill the university general education requirements.
Professional Core (21 hours)
Choose one course from each area.
Administration and Supervision -- 3 hours
- PADM 3601 - Public Administration
- MGMT 3610 - Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
- TECH 4381 - Principles of Supervision
- LIST 4093 - Special Topics and Leadership
Organizational Systems -- 3 hours
- PM 4120 - Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PADM 4226 - Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
Team and Organizational Relations -- 3 hours
- ORCO 3240 - Organizational Communication
- COMM 3010 - Integrated Corporate Communication
- COMM 4410 - Conflict Negotiation and Resolution
Statistical Methods -- 3 hours
- SOCI 4510 - Introduction to Social Research
- SOAA 3350 - Social Statistics
- JOUR 3410 - Public Relations Research
Written Communication -- 6 hours
- ENGL 3134 - Computers, Writing and Literature
- ENGL 3250 - Professional Communication I
- JOUR 3421 - Public Relations Writing
International Context -- 3 hours
- SPAN 3550 - Latin America: Countries and People
- POLI 4350 - International Law
- JOUR 4712 - Mass Media and Culture
- PS 3510 - International Political Economy
- POLS 3010 - Comparative Politics
International Organizational Leadership Concentration (15 hours)
All of the following courses are required for a total of 15 hours.
- BMGT 3600 – International Management
- POLI 4350 – International Law
- PS 3510 – International Political Economy
- COMM 3560 – International Communication
- POLS 4508 – Theories and Concepts in International Relations
Culminating Projects--3 hours
- UNIV 4995: Culminating Special Project -- 3 hours
International Organizational Leadership OR Additional General Education, if needed (21 hours)
Graduation Requirements include the following:
- At least 120 semester hours total.
- At least 30 semester hours must be awarded by Tennessee State University.
- At least 45 semester hours at the 3000-4000 level.
- No more than 24 semester hours in business courses.
Please check with your TSU Student Support Services Counselor, Mr. Bryan Thorpe (firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-963-7214) for advisement regarding your degree plan.