College of Business Graduate Program Admission Requirements
Anyone wishing to take courses for graduate credit must apply for admission to the Graduate School. General admission requirements for Graduate School are described in the Admissions, Regulations, Policies Section of TSU’s Graduate Catalog. In addition to requirements of the Graduate School, MBA applicants for both accelerated and traditional options, must meet the following requirements of the College of Business.
1. 950 points based on the formula: 200 times 4-year undergraduate GPA plus GMAT score or;
2. 1000 points based on the formula: 200 times Junior-senior GPA plus GMAT score.
All documents, including official transcripts, must be received by the Graduate School before a student will be considered for admission. Conditional admission is granted for one semester to MBA Traditional Option applicants only if a student has a 3.0 undergraduate GPA, has taken all prerequisites, and agrees to take the GMAT during their initial semester in the Program.
Applicants to the MBA Accelerated Options MUST be fully admitted before they start the program.
International students should be fully admitted and can’t be granted conditional admission. To remain in the program, the student must meet the 950 or 1,000 point criteria cited above.
All applicants are:
1. expected to be competent in oral and written English;
2. expected to satisfy all prerequisite requirements in a particular discipline before enrolling in graduate-level courses
in that discipline for credit;
3. expected to satisfy all prerequisites by the time nine hours of graduate-level work are completed.
Students are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point average in the program. In required core courses, grades below “C” are not accepted for credit toward the degree. Advisors can help students plan a program of study and assist them in planning to meet successfully all requirements of their program. Students must be admitted on either a conditional or unconditional basis in order to take MBA degree courses.
- Candidates must satisfy all prerequisites, complete core requirements and other approved courses to satisfy the minimum number of semester hours required for a graduate degree, and accumulate a minimum GPA of “B” or 3.0 on a 4.0 system.
- Candidates must file application of “Admission to Candidacy” for the MBA degree after completing all required prerequisites and nine (9) semester hours of graduate course work taken in residence with a “B” average in all courses taken for graduate credit. The recommendation of the major advisor and approval of the Dean of the Graduate School are required.
- Candidates must file “Application for Graduation” at least one full semester prior to commencement, including clearance with the major advisor, the Dean of the Graduate School, the Business Office, the Placement Bureau, the Office of Admissions and Records, and the University Library.
- Candidates should attend commencement. The MBA degree may be awarded in absentia upon prior approval by the Dean of the Graduate School.