For release: March 21, 2016 For press information, contact Dr. John Robinson, (615) 963-5762 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Funded by a special grant from the Tennessee Board of Regents, Tennessee State University will offer a residential summer session July 10- July 22, 2016 to afford high school students explore the various STEM fields – the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics and other academic programs at TSU and to help them envision attending college to study those subjects. The Math Academy is open to students who will be high school sophomores and juniors in the fall of 2016. Students from underrepresented groups especially are encouraged to apply.
Chosen from Metro Nashville Public Schools and surrounding areas, the students will live on campus in Tennessee State University residence halls during the two-week session. This is a free program and housing, meals, and all activities will be paid for by the grant.
To be eligible and selected to participate in the Summer Math Academy, STUDENTS MUST:
1) have successfully completed Algebra I;
2) have completed the 9th or 10th grade before June 2016, and be a rising sophomore (10th grade) or rising junior (11th grade) during the upcoming 2016-2017 academic school year;
3) have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (transcript or most recent grade report such as GradeSpeed report must be submitted with application);
4) submit a completed application- with a short statement indicating why you should be selected to participate in the Math
5) provide at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher or staff member at an applicant’s high school and/or school administrator teacher, counselor or community leader;
Students who have attended previously are not eligible to apply to program.
This is a FREE PROGRAM and SPACE IS LIMITED for this
THURSDAY, MAY 26, 2016
EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016 (APPLICATION PERIOD NOW CLOSED)
The fillable printable application is available online a
(APPLICATION PERIOD NOW CLOSED)
For more information, call or contact Dr. John Robinson at (615) 963-5762; email@example.com
Completed application and support materials can be mailed, e-mailed (scanned attachments); or FAXED by Thursday, May 26, 2016 as followed.
Mail completed application and support materials to:
Dr. John Robinson, Director
Regents Summer Math Academy
Tennessee State University
3500 John A. Merritt Blvd
PO. Box 9536
Nashville, TN 37209-1561
FAX completed application and support materials to:
(615) 963-5747; ATTN: Dr. John Robinson/Summer Math Academy
scanned application and support documents to:
Hand-delivered applications should be taken to
Room 110 in
McCord Hall, (Biology Department main office on the Tennessee State University Main Campus at 3500 John A. Merritt Boulevard)