Things to Know About Your Library
- Our website address is www.tnstate.edu, then click Library on the menu bar
- Main Campus hours of operation: Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m.-11:45 p.m.; Friday 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Saturday 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.; and Sunday 2:00 p.m.-11:45 p.m.; Special Collections--8:00 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Friday
- Phone Numbers: Circulation--963-5064; Reference--963-5201; Special Collections--963-5219; Technical Support--963-5489
- Avon N. Williams Campus Library hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; and Sunday 12：00-8：30pm.
- Avon N. Williams Campus Library Contact: Mitchell Chamberlain firstname.lastname@example.org 963-7190
- Main Campus Media Center hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Williams Campus Media Center: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; and Saturday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
- Media Centers Contact: Mrs. Karen Gupton, Coordinator 963-5743 or Williams Campus Media Center at 963-7323/7198/7199
- Acquire all I.D. Cards in McCord Hall, Room 20 and have activated for photocopying machines. Copies are 10 cents
- Graduate students can check-out up to 20 books at one time for a loan period of 3 weeks. Overdue fines are 10 cents per day with a 5-day grace period
- Students can renew books by phone twice. For assistance, please call 963-5064
- The library is open 24 hours during midterm & final exams
- Library Orientations are provided for your convenience online via PowerPoint presentations and Library Information Literacy websites
- Circulating books with call numbers A-J are located on the First Floor. Call numbers K-Z, Oversized and Childrens Books are located on the Third Floor. The Reference Department is located on the Second Floor.
Locating Resources, Electronic Databases and Other Support Services
- You can locate electronic full-text journal articles on our website by clicking on the link Electronic Resources
- You can access books via our Library Catalog link
- You can access eBooks via the Library Catalog or the Ebooks webpage.
- You can access all of our research databases remotely or off-campus at your convenience by clicking on Electronic Resources link
- Students must establish a login to remotely access our databases via instructions given on the Remote Access link
- The Library subscribes to over 120 electronic databases covering all subject disciplines. For a complete list of journals please click on Electronic Resources link
- Interlibrary Loans and document delivery can be quickly requested via our website or contact Mrs. Barbara VanHooser at email@example.com or 963-5206; Mr. Mitchell Chamberlain firstname.lastname@example.org or 965-7188, Williams Campus
- Dissertation Abstracts International now includes 24 pages of digitized text and is available online.
- Dissertations written at TSU are available via the Dissertations and Theses @ Tennessee State University link on the Databases by Title page
- Library Orientations /Bibliographic Instruction can be arranged by contacting Mr. Fletcher Moon email@example.com or 963-5205
- Professors are encouraged to use our Electronic Reserves system to provide students access to important class materials 24x7.
- For general problems logging on to campus computers please, contact the CIT Help Desk at 963-7777 or go to Humanities.
- For problems involving remote logons to library resources, please contact Mrs. Colette Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org /963-5489.
- For problems accessing Electronic Reserves , please contact Dr. Murle Kenerson/963-5203.