Returning Students who applied and paid their deposits for Fall 2015 Housing between April 1 and May 15 should check their campus email for a tentative assignment!
Students! Due to the anticipated shortage of spaces on campus- for the first time- Residence Life is offering a refund of the $100 deposit to students who cancel their assignment by July 25th. Keep in mind cancellations are final and cannot be reversed. If you do not wish to live on campus, take us up on your refund and email email@example.com with your name, T number, and "Cancellation for [Your Name]" in the subject line. We will request the refund of your money within 7 days of the receipt of your email. Students from the Waiting List will be granted spaces based upon these cancellations.
Welcome to Tennessee State University! On behalf of the Department of Residence Life, allow us to welcome you to the residential facilities at Tennessee State University. Living in TSU housing offers a chance to build a community, not just a place to sleep.
We strive to provide you with a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment. Your safety and security is important to us; therefore, the Residence Life Staff lives in the residential facilities in order to respond quickly to the needs of our students.
We are dedicated to serving your needs and arranging both social and educational activities to help you meet other residents and enjoy your college experience. There is no reason to look elsewhere, apply today and reserve your space with Tennessee State University’s Department of Residence Life.
Residence Life Staff
Follow us on:
SUMMER 2015 HOUSING:
- The regular housing application period was April 1st -May 4th; however, LATE applications will be accepted until June 30th for Summer Session II only. This includes the $100 Summer Housing Deposit.
- For further information, go to "Summer 2015 Housing" in the menu on the left navigation plane.
FALL 2015-SPRING 2016 HOUSING APPLICATION PROCESS FOR RETURNING STUDENTS:
- The regular housing application process for returning students was scheduled for April 1st - May 15th. The LATE/waiting list applications are now being accepted.
- For further information, go to "How to Apply" in the menu on the left navigation plane, then select "FILL OUT A WAITING LIST APPICATION"
FALL 2015-SPRING 2016 HOUSING APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- The housing application process for NEW students is March 1st-June 30th.
- Please go to "How to Apply" in the menu on the left navigation plane, then select "I am..." based on your status, First-time Freshman or New Transfer or Grad Student.
END OF SUMMER SESSIONS:
- Summer Session I ends July 2, 2015 and residents should check-out of Summer School housing by July 3, 2015 if they are not enrolled for a Summer Session II course or a Full 10-week course.
- Summer Session II and the Full 10-week Session end August 7, 2015 and residents should check-out of Summer School housing by August 8, 2015. Summer School residents are not "automatically" allowed to remain in their Summer housing facility through August until their Fall housing assignments begin. Summer housing facilities must be closed down in order for "building turnover" which includes addressing housekeeping, maintenance, and furniture needs.