Wei Chen, PhD
Professor , Computer Science
Welcome to my web page!
COMP3040 Data Structures, COMP 3200 Discrete Mathematics, COMP 3560 Introduction to Computer Theory, COMP 4820 Bioinformatics Computing, COMP 4500/4510 Senior Project I & II, COMP 4700 Algorithms, COMP 5200 Advanced Algorithms, COMP 6100 Bioinformatics Computing, CISE 5010 Data Structures and Algorithms, CISE 6360 Distributed Computing Theory & Design
- Parallel and distributed computing,
- Wireless ad-hoc/sensor/mobile networks,
- Cooperative communication and cognitive radio networks
- Bioinformatics Computing
- Cryptography and computer network security
- Algorithm Design and Analysis,
- Computational geometry,
- DNA computing,
- Graph Theory
CURRENT/RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Unfettered and Reliable Communication in Congested Spectrum Environments - US Air Force, 2013 - 2018
- Bioinformatics and Computational Bioinformatics - NSF, 2011 - 2014
- Subspace Segmentation for High-Dimensional Data Analysis - NASA, 2012 - 2014
- Collaborative Research: Enhancing Curriculum and Faculty Development on Information Assurance and Security through Real World Relevant Portable Laboratory, NSF, 2014 - 2017.
- Visiting Scholar in Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan, Summer 2002, 2004, 2006
- TSU Research Award, 2006.
- IBM Faculty Award, 2011
- Most Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Engineering in TSU, 2012
- Oversea Outstanding Faculty (海外名师), Ministry of Education of China (中国教育部), 2012 - 2013.
- Guest Professor, Shanghai Maritime University, China, 2012 , 2015
- Guest Professor, House University, Japan, 2017