Dr. Fenghui Yao
Professor of Computer Science
Areas of Interest
Image Processing, Robotics, UAVs/UGVs, Parallel Computer Architecture.
Ph.D. Computer Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan, 1992.
M.E. Computer Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan, 1988.
B.A. Electronic Engineering, Dalian Maritime University, China, 1984.
After he received his Ph.D in Computer Engineering, he joined Soliton Systems, K.K., Tokyo, as a software engineer, in 1992. He returned to the academic field, in 1995, starting from an Assistant Professor in Kyushu Institute of Technology, then moved to University of East Asia, in 1997, as a Lecturer (then promoted to an Associate Professor), and then he moved to Shimane University, in 2002, as an Associate Professor. He joined the Department of Computer Science, Tennessee State University, as an Associate Professor, in 2004. Currently, he is a professor at Tennessee State University.
Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Applied Operating Systems, Game Programming, Computer Graphics.
Co-PI: Cross Layers Decision Making and Fusion Models for Automated Sensor Exploitation in Layered Sensing Systems, $334,678, September 2, 2013, to September 1, 2018
- F. Yao, M. S. Zein-Sabatto, G. Shao, M. Bodruzzaman, and M. Malkani, "Nanosensor Data Processor (NSDP) in Quantum-dot Cellular Automata," Journal of Nanotechnology, Volume 2014, Article ID 259869, 14 pages.
- F.H. Yao, Guifeng Shao, Ali Sekmen, and Mohan Malkani: "Real-time multiple moving targets detection from airborne IR imagery by dynamic Gabor filter and dynamic Gaussian detector," EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, September, 2010, pp. 1-22.
- F.H. Yao, G. F. Shao, and J.Q. YI: "Extracting the trajectory of writing brush in Chinese character calligraphy", Engineering Application of Artificial Intelligence, 17 (2004), pp.631- 644.
- F.H. Yao, G. F. Shao, and J.Q. YI: "Trajectory Generation of the Writing-brush for a Robot Arm to Inherit the Block-style Chinese Character Calligraphy Techniques", Advanced Robotics, the international journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Volume 18, No. 3, pp.331 - 356, 2004.
- F.H. Yao, G.F. Shao, R. Takaue and A. Tamaki: "Automatic Concrete-tunnel Inspection Robot System", Advanced Robotics, the international journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.17 No.4, pp319-337, 2003.