Explore the WOW! Job Shadow Program
What is Job Shadowing?
The Explore the World of Work! job shadowing program is an experience where students may spend a few hours, a half day, or even a full day with an employer. Each shadowing experience varies and will depend on the site, but students could engage in/observe client meetings, research projects, tour the facility, and interact with other departments within the organization. TSU's Explore the WOW! job shadow program gives you, the student, the opportunity to have an insider's view of a profession through observing and interviewing a sponsor in the work environment.
By job shadowing, students have the opportunity to:
- Make connections by building networks with alumni and employers in the industries that interest them
- Gain experience by observing a specific occupation on location at the employer site, and
- Confirm their major by validating their interest in a specific industry and/or occupation
Through participating in job shadowing, employers have the opportunity to:
- Establish recruiting relationships with universities
- Increase student interest in their organization and industry
- Mentor students who are exploring their major and career interests
Schedule an appointment with Tiffany Johnson at 615-963-7529, to learn more about the Explore the WOW! job shadow program!
Career Development Center