Dear Alumni and Friends:
I am excited to return to Tennessee
State University and embark upon a new era in the history of our institution. I offer my sincere gratitude to you for your support, and applaud you for your efforts as you continue to promote and advance TSU.
TSU is a very special place, built upon a strong legacy of pride, perseverance, progressiveness, and most importantly, educational achievement. In many cases, our students lack the financial resources to continue their education. In fact, in the Fall of 2012 semester, more than 300 students did not return to TSU due to unavailability of funds to register. This is a clear example of the level of need for our students to continue their academic matriculation.
On January 7, 2013, I demonstrated my commitment as an alumnus, as President, and a lead-by-example administrator, when I contributed $50,000 to TSU. I challenge all alumni chapters to match this contribution. Small chapters are encouraged to cluster in an effort to achieve the goal.
We have established the following challenge giving levels listed on the right.
50 for 50 Campaign -
50 chapters are challenged to match the $50,000 contribution
President's Platinum Club
- 100 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $10,000 each
President's Diamond Club
- 200 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $5,000 each
President's Silver Club
- 400 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $2,500 each
- 1,000 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $1,000 each
President's Tiger Club
- 2,000 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $500 each
President's Blue & White Club
- 10,000 alumni and friends are challenged to contribute $100 each
Pan Hellenic Challenge
- Each Greek letter (Divine 9) is challenged to contribute $100,000 minimum.
- Each Affinity Group is challenged to contribute $50,000 minimum.
We recognize the important role that you, as alumni have played in establishing a profound TSU legacy. We now ask you to expand that role even more as we meet the financial and other challenges facing our students. Your participation is needed as we continue to grow and expand.
The Office of Alumni Relations is available to facilitate your participation. They may be reached on (615) 963-5763. Also please feel free to contact the Office of the President at (615) 963-7402 or (615) 963-7427.
Please join me in ensuring that all our students have the opportunity to fulfill their dreams - just as we did!