The Tiger Tutoring program
is designed to provide college-level, academic support in various subjects, utilizing tutors and computer-based, supplemental materials. Tiger Tutoring’s foremost goal is to identify the source of its students’ academic difficulty, and then subsequently direct them to tutors who specialize in the respective course, as well as advise the students of campus resources. This is the core strategy in successfully addressing these challenges.
LOCATION AND TUTORING HOURS
Tiger Tutoring is located in the Student Success Center (Harold Love Learning Resource Center), Suite 202. Tutoring hours are 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m Monday through Friday.
We recommend visiting Tiger Tutoring early in the semester, before coursework challenges may occur. We are here to help you achieve maximum, academic success!
24 hour tutoring is also available at no cost through Smarthinking.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Go to: http://services.smarthinking.com
2. Log in: Your username is your T-Number and your password is changeme. You can change your password in the "About Me" section of your account once you are logged in.
Need help using Smarthinking? Email customer support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-430-7429 ext. 1
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Attend every class session – and be punctual
- Always do your homework
- Always attend your scheduled tutorial sessions
- Ask questions when you don't understand the material
- Maintain a positive attitude during the sessions
- Believe that your academic status will improve
- Complete all exercises suggested by your tutor – note problematic areas
- Know what tasks are expected of you when you come to your tutorial sessions
- Attention to these tips will greatly improve performance in scheduled classes – and will help make tutorial sessions a success!