Successful Sessions With a Peer Tutor
One-on-one and small group sessions with an ICAN Peer Tutor are designed to help the student clarify, comprehend, and apply problematic classroom material. The Peer Tutor will explain class material, theories, and concepts and will use example problems similar to class assignments to empower the student to complete his/her homework. The Peer Tutor will NOT complete the student's homework, write the student's paper, or complete the student's take-home exam.
Attention to the following items will greatly improve performance in scheduled class(es) and will help make tutorial sessions a success!
- Always do your homework on a regular basis.
- Always attend each class session.
- Always ask questions when you don't understand the material.
- Always attend the tutorial session you have scheduled.
- Always bring a positive attitude to the session.
- Always be on time for your tutorial sessions.
- Always complete any additional exercises suggested by the tutor.
- Always believe that your academic status will improve.
- Always come to the tutorial session having attempted to complete your homework and having noted problematic areas.
- Always come to the tutorial session knowing what your classroom instructor expects you to know.