Freshmen 21 & Over
Get the Tools to Exceed!
From an extensive academic advising program to peer tutoring to science, math, and writing support centers, if you have the desire to succeed, Tennessee State will give you the tools. Well-established career services include internship networks, paid cooperative education opportunities, employer workshops and on-campus recruiting, so what are you waiting for? Apply now.
Freshmen over 21 must meet the following two requirements for admission:
- Tennessee Residents: 2.25 cumulative un-weighted GPA
- Non-Tennessee Residents: 2.5 cumulative un-weighted GPA
- GED Recipients must have passing scores in all categories
- If graduated from high school after 1989: 14 High Schools Units (4 Units of English, 1 Unit of Algebra I, 1 Unit of Algebra II, 1 Unit of Advanced Math, 1 Unit of Visual/Performing Arts, 1 Unit of Natural Science, 1 Unit of Natur5al Science Lab, 1 Unit of US History, 1 Unit of Social Studies, 2 Units of the Same Foreign Language) For a list of courses that satisfy individual unit requirements, click here.
The following information should be forwarded to: Office of Admissions, 3500 John A. Merritt Blvd, Nashville, TN 37209
- Application and $25.00 Application Processing Fee (Check or money order)
- Official High School transcript
- Official GED transcript, if applicable
Once admitted you will be required to take the COMPASS Test to determine appropriate course placement. More information concerning registering to take the COMPASS Test will be provided in your acceptance packet.